Tuesday, January 10, 2006

An Elephant Never Forgets

I just completed my first event planning in DC. The event was held at an ex-President's home. Top Hat themed. Little chocolate top hat pastries. Got me thinking about how calm I was this time around, and how I owe this new ease to the things I have learned in 2005. I will eventually forgive, but I will resolve to never forget.

1) I've learned that hard work does bring reward, but what seems like a blessing can in fact be a test of your character in disguise.

2) I've learned that good friends are like a good perfume... just a small dab on the wrists takes you through every part of your life.

3) I've learned that devastation is the world's way of teaching you about yourself.

4) I've learned that if you listen to your intuitions, even when they seem ridiculous, you'll make a move (to a new city and to a new job) that is best for you. No one else will ever be able to tell you what you want if you don't know yourself.

5) I've learned that sometimes when we get what we want, we achieve it purely as destiny's method of showing us that we had what we needed all along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home