Friday, February 23, 2007

Bama folk at the 18th Amendment

The 2nd Annual Heart of Dixie Happy Hour was last night at the 18th Amendment. Organized by the National Capital Chapter of the University of Alabama Alumni Association, the Metro Washington Auburn Club and the Alabama State Society. An open drink and food tab lasted until 8pm, so that was quite nice!

Sassy and AM met me there. I left around 8pm and headed home. Early morning today.

In other news, I'm going out for drinks with District Belle's good friend. He's a nice, attractive man I met Tuesday night. I especially enjoyed that he took the initiative to get my number from District Belle the day after he met me, e-mail me, and schedule a time to meet up right away. The only side note is that he's 40. I've gone on a date with a 36-year-old, but I have to say 40 is definitely the oldest. If he's as interesting as he seems, it really shouldn't be an issue. It does bring me back to the thoughts I had a while back when a girl Jenny and I grew up with married a 56-year-old. We're 27. We're in the age range, officially, to be politically correct arm candy. It's all a bit new and strange to me. Somedays I wake up thinking I'm in my childhood bedroom still. Of course, it's been 9 years since then. I'm all grown up.

And, in other news, this weekend will be fun! There's a wear all black and celebrate Johnny Cash's birthday party on Saturday night and a cocktail attire Oscar's bash at Left Bank on Sunday night. I'll report back in Monday.

Have a nice weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home