Saturday, November 25, 2006

Big Wheels Keep on Turnin'....

Carry me home!




Last night, Elise and I met up at her house before heading out to meet Melissa, John, and company. Her dad slipped her a $20, so I officially felt about 18 again.

We met Melissa and her new beau at Double Olive for some martinis. I can usually avoid talking to people I don't really feel like catching up with... not that I'm a bitch, but I just don't see the point in taking time out of hanging out with my closest friends from high school to chat with people I basically just drank with at parties back in the day. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at the situation), Elise and Melissa and I don't look that much different than we did when we graduated. So, we were spotted and got into an aside with a dude we graduated with for a bit. Melissa pointed out another guy we used to hang with who one of our friends called "Watermelon Balls." You can get the visual on the meaning of that one, I'm sure. We avoided him at all costs.

John called on route to Soul Kitchen to hear the Velcro Pygmies... an 80s cover band I probably heard once or twice but don't remember.


Dancin' the night away to Bon Jovi and Lynyrd Skynyrd actually made Elise and I laugh so hard our tummies hurt. John ran into a guy he chaperoned on a high school trip. The kid was 20. He knew my best friend Stephanie's younger friend's (by 2 years) youngest sister (I was 8 when she was born). This made me feel dramatically old. Two very drunk 23 year olds tried their best to dance with Elise and I. Luckily John's 6 foot 5, so while one of the dudes spun me, I was able to grab hold of John for a hug that lasted until the boys found someone else to torment. Elise is much more damsel-in-distress then I am, so it took her a while longer to break free.

We left the bar around 2am and headed to our car where we ran into 12 other people we knew from high school. After hanging out with them for some time, we decided to call it a night and come home. I woke up at 1:30pm. My body can't party like it used to...

But, what fun! Elise understood when I said that Jerk didn't get me. It made perfect sense to her... because, well, she gets me. Ya know?

Sweet Home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home