Friday, November 17, 2006

Tid Bits

Terms I didn't know...

In NYC, Angelina was having a heated debate with someone over who coined the term spoon job. I'd be more concerned with the fact that this action was being done enough to need a term, but I thought I'd share it all the same. A spoon job is when a guy gets himself off by rubbing up against you while you're spooning.

Last night I spoke to a guy friend of mine and mentioned the Giant had called me a bit earlier just to say hello... with no mention of when I'd see him again. I always consult my guy friends regarding guy advice, because I figure that it is the best way to get the most basic direction on how to act. With my girlfriends, we'll chat on the phone about a situation for hours and not have any resolution besides the fact that we don't understand guys at all. If I ask JM or Shockwave for advice, they bluntly tell me what the story is and how to respond. Done.

Anyways, so according to my guy friend, often times boys like to keep girls on the radar. What that means is, they call to check-in even if they don't plan on seeing someone for a couple of weeks just so that the girl will know they are still interested. That way, they can call when they want to do something without a "I hadn't heard from you in a while." Incidentally, the Giant called shortly after the earlier call and came over. When I mentioned this to him, he told me he wasn't doing that at all... he was just thinking of me and wanted to call. I suppose sometimes guy advice can be a little too blunt and basic.

I don't feel like chicken tonight.

In fact, I feel like STEAK. Everyone keeps telling me I should treat myself to something fabulous since work's been busy, and I'm newly single. Shopping doesn't count, I'm told. I'm not really into spas besides pedicures mainly, because the idea of someone random touching me sort of creeps me out. The last time I got a facial, the chick told me I had big pores. So, the Master and I have made a reservation for 2 at Bobby Vann's. I plan on demolishing a couple glasses of Merlot and eating the biggest fillet they have!

The Iron Bowl is tomorrow!

This Michigan and Ohio State crap is pissing me off. Seriously, there's only one game tomorrow, the University of Alabama vs. Auburn University. My football attention span is somewhat lacking unless bourbon and tailgating is part of the mix, but the Iron Bowl is the one and only game I get really excited about. Jenny and I have worked out a deal with McFadden's to watch the game and get our group $3 domestic beers and $4 rail drinks. Now that I have a couple friends from Bama in DC, the game will be even more fun. I'm really Roll Tide, but, due to the fact that Jenny's totally Roll Tide and my brother went to undergrad and grad school at Auburn, I'm routing for Auburn this time around. Here's the shirt I'm wearing.

P.S. I was very resentful that we had to send a message through Evite that McFadden's would be showing the other game of the weekend too.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home