Monday, February 26, 2007

Yes, I've become that person.

I'm sorry, but it had to be said.

To: Customer Service @ LaRedoute

I just opened your most recent catalogue featuring the Spring 2007 collection and was disgusted to see the model who appears on pages 2 through 9. This model is clearly anorexic and her extreme weight issues, amidst the recent ban of underweight models in Europe, is distasteful and repulsive on your company's part. The least of your worries is that a normal sized woman (I'm a size 4 or 6) will turn their noses up at clothing being advertised on someone waif thin as evident by Sarah Jessica Parker's failure as a Gap model. I would suggest you set higher standards for displaying your clothing before you lose customers. I certainly will not be purchasing anything from your company.

The canned response I received:

Dear Customer:

My name is Carri Tibke. I will be helping you with your issue today. Thank you for your email. We appreciate your letter expressing your feelings on the models we use in our catalogs. In an effort to uphold customer satisfaction we welcome your feedback and will forward to the appropriate departments.

Please accept our apologies if you have been inconvenienced.

Experience la différence
http://www.us.redoute.com

Sincerely,
Carri Tibke
La Redoute.com Support Team

Although, in all honesty, it's not like I've ever ordered anything from the catalogue. Cheaply made and sort of trashy. But still, they send me these catalogues daily. I'd appreciate models without heroin problems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home