Tuesday, June 06, 2006

6-6-06

I didn't even think about the fact that my ex's birthday is 6-6-76. He did these horrible impersonations of people, really spiteful and mean... but he thought they were comical. Looking back, his arrogance was definitely astronomical. One of his faces was this demon-like impersonation where he looked so evil that he caused me to stay up full nights (we'd just started dating and I couldn't stop thinking about whether or not I knew him well enough to have him in my bed). I never put it together that he was also born on the devil's day and would turn 30 today, 6-6-06. No wonder he brought the worst out in me.

APK's parents are celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary today too. Does anyone else think it's strange that my ex was born on the day his parents got married? I am trying not to analyze too much... but seeing as I fully believe in destiny and am very superstitious... it's hard to not think that I am not on a very good path.

You know how at the end of the Devil's Advocate, Al Pacino finds a new sin for Keanu Reeves to fall subject too... "Vanity, my favorite sin"... what if DC is the next chapter of sin for me?



One year ago right now I was in NYC, working at a completely different job, living in a totally different different apartment, and in a completely different relationship. I didn't even know I wanted to move to DC yet. I didn't know APK, SC, IH, SG, JM even existed. I hadn't even seen BG in 4 years. How'd I get here? And, if getting everything I wanted lead me to fail in my personal relationships in NYC (think job and apartment of my dreams, but without a great and supportive group of friends there... give or take a couple like AW and AC). Then, in DC, with a job and apartment and group of friends I love, plus an okay romantic relationship, is this why my health is failing?

I'm a little scared that, of all days, I'm going to the kidney doctor today. On 6-6-06.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home