Monday, November 13, 2006

Return to NYC Part 3


Last night, Angelina held a housewarming party at her new place in Bedford-Stuyvesant... which is totally adorable, in case you didn't know. Her friends, many NYC bloggers, ate and drank everything in her apartment and had to be told it was time to leave. I suppose that makes the party a complete success. Her cat, Jack, is so cute. James asked me this morning if I had cats growing up. I didn't, and, in fact, really don't like cats that much. My love for Jack thus explains how precious that cat truly is!

We ate brunch and wandered around Bed-Stuy until around 1pm. I left NYC missing my friends, but not missing NYC. When I spoke to Shockwave on the phone an hour ago declaring I felt like the majority of people in NYC are trying entirely too hard, he told me "hate the game not the players." Fair enough.

I hate Delaware more though! I'll post more tomorrow about my extreme hatred for the state of Delaware. Stupid stupid stupid state!

3 Comments:

  • At November 13, 2006, Blogger A said…

    please, please, please tune into her delaware rant - she had me splitting my sides laughing with her 20 minute rant on how much delaware sucks. Comedy gold!

     
  • At November 17, 2006, Blogger The Last Ephor said…

    How do you define "trying to hard"?

    (I suspect that's a Bed-Stuy thing more than an NYC thing)

     
  • At November 17, 2006, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Hi Duffy-

    Sorry, that was a bit obscure. What I meant by trying to hard was that in order to make it in NYC you have to be the best at whatever it is you do... an original... and it's overwhelming to have so many people trying to be so noticeable. If they're into fashion, they are so fashionable you didn't even know it was in style. If they are musicians, they only talk about music. If you're at a bar, they only talk about who they know who owns the bar. For a Bama girl like me who grew up spending the evening drinkin' beer on someone's porch somewhere, NYC is very intense! And the people I know in Bed-Stuy are actually the people I think are the most laid back and coolest...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home