Friday, December 29, 2006

Another post today!

Sorry, but there's so much to talk about... some moron ended up in Montana while trying to get to Australia, and, it sucks to be Herbert Hoover!

From The Globe and Mail:

Wall Street's closing on the day of a national funeral dates back to the burial of President Ulysses S. Grant in 1885. However, the NYSE has sometimes traded on a shortened schedule during a presidential funeral — the last time, for Herbert Hoover's funeral in 1964.

How shitty that you'd be the President of the United States, and your name is more synonymous with a vacuum cleaner than your legacy?

Oh, and for the record, even Nixon got a full day of mourning (check out page 6)... on April 27, 1994.

Sucks to be Hoover (well, Herbert, since a Hoover vacuum would want to suck).

3 Comments:

  • At December 29, 2006, Blogger I-66 said…

    Wow... and people get on my case for posting often...

    What gets me here is "I didn't notice the mistake as my son is usually good with computers"

    Uh, lady, I am too but I still make typos. The difference being that I do stuff like spell "the" as "teh" occasionally, not a city name when buying plane tickets.

    Happy Ford Hangover Day in advance!

     
  • At January 02, 2007, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    What a doofus! Happy New Year!

     
  • At June 25, 2020, Blogger Dose Pharmacy said…

    Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home