Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

to all, and to all, a good night...

To catch you up.

Vive held a dinner on Friday night. Saturday morning, the Producer and I went in search of brunch in the 14th and U Street areas... strangely, there are no bagel or coffee shops around there. We ended up at Love Cafe for a pricey bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel... $8 for the bagel and a cup of coffee?

I met Vive and AM at Zaytinya for dinner on Saturday night. Great food and quite trendy for a DC restaurant. After dinner, we met three of AM's friends for a Washington Improv show at Flashpoint Gallery... the most bizarre gallery ever. One display featured condom-like balloons hanging from the wall, another had landscape photographs with the photographer holding a cut-out in the front. Vive whispered to me, "It's like they think hanging anything on the wall here makes it art."

Two improv troupes performed within the hour show. I'd learned in the city that I don't like long-form improv... mainly because if the joke isn't funny, you're stuck listening to it for the length of the show. The first show was MazelProv... a Jewish improv troupe that was funny at times... mixing several of the more traditional improv games (random person in the audience tells of their day) with Jewish humor. The second show was Caveat... and a bad American Idol sketch had me sitting bored for the whole half hour.

After Improv, we all went to Fado for drinks. We were amazed at how packed Fado was... just in case you get stuck in town next year, Fado's the place to go.

Yesterday, Vive, AM, and others came to my house at 7:45 for drinks and snacks before heading to the Matzo Ball at Five, Sesto Senso, and Anjeleiu. I've never ever been to a Matzo Ball before, and, honestly, was a bit scared of what the evening would entail. However, everyone I knew in DC was planning on going, so what choice did I have but to check it out... with plenty of alcohol in my bloodstream to handle it best.

We arrived at a crowded Five to a long entrance line. After paying our $25, we found the coat check line. In line, we were hit on by three people. At least it was a more Kosher meat market... meaning, the pick-up lines did wonders for my self-esteem.

One Guy: "Don't I know you from somewhere?"
Me: "No, I don't think so. I'm told I have a common face, so perhaps you've met someone who looked like me."
Guy: "Oh no, you're much to pretty to be forgotten. I'm certain there's no one else I've met who looks like you."
Me: "Thank you. That was very sweet."

I wasn't interested, but, hell, it beats the lines I got at the Poor House last week. My favorite? On route to the restroom, I got this one:

Guy: "Hi. I'm Jeff. Who are you?"
Me: "I'm Sam."
Guy: "And, what do you do in DC, Sam?"
Me: "Marketing."
Guy: "Oh, I recruit Marketing Executives for a living."
Me: "That's cool. If you'll excuse me, I'm just making my way to the restroom. It was nice meeting you though Jeff."
Guy: "Okay, you have fun pissing. I'll be here waiting when you get back."

Yeah, that's the way to a woman's heart.

So, last night's lines, "I'm sorry, I couldn't let you walk by... I've been looking around thinking how unattractive everyone was... and then you walked by as the prettiest girl in the room. I couldn't not introduce myself."

They were cheesy, untrue, premeditated, and well, completely flattering! I can't complain about the night at all. We danced, drank, and enjoyed. If anything, the night was highly entertaining. Though, I think I expected more making out in the corners and girls dancing on the bars... it was much less MTV Spring Break then I thought it would be. I left around 1pm and slept until 11:30pm. Now I'm going to meet the Master for Matthew and Matthew undressed and then City Lights of China for dinner!

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas! Joy to the World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home