Monday, January 22, 2007

Help Out a Marine!

Sent from the Master. Please e-mail me at GreenEggsSamDC@yahoo.com is you think you can help. I'll let you know where to bring stuff.

Hello all,

If you have DVD’s or magazines that you don’t watch/read anymore, I’m starting a collection to send to Dave in Ethiopia. They also requested some other stuff. Read the email below for more info. I’m going to mail out the package at the end of the week, so please let me know if you want to contribute anything. I’m sure they would appreciate any old movies/magazines you have. You can drop stuff at my apartment or I’m more than happy to come pick it up. Please let me know. I really appreciate any help you can provide. Check out the attached picture – it’s pretty sad. Let’s help our men in uniform – and it won’t cost you a thing! Feel free to forward this on to anyone else you think would want to help.

Thanks, The Master




From: David Jenning
Sent: Sunday, January 21, 2007 3:49 AM
Subject: Greetings from your friend in Ethiopia

Greetings and Salutations,

When we are not busy failing to prevent war between Ethiopia and Eritrea, or avoiding land mines, the UN likes to take a load off and enjoy our humble Team Site. Unfortunately for us, our our UN Team Site in Shiraro, Ethiopia is a really really humble.

As you can see from the attached photo of our UN residence in Ethiopia, things could be going better.

Luckily you can help. We (the 12-man multi-national UN team) could use any of the following items at our Team Site (listed in order of priority):

1) Booze
2) Non-perishable food (preferably cereal)
3) DVDs and Magazines
4) Whatever else is not illegal

I am not trying to guilt or force you into helping us, but believe me when I say it would be appreciated. Please box items carefully and send them to the following address in Virginia (US postal then forwards it to our Embassy in Addis Ababa, and our liaison in the city freights it 300 miles North to our position along the border with Eritrea).

US Embassy - Ethiopia
ATTN: Capt David Jenning
USDAO Addis Ababa
2030 Addis Ababa Place
Dulles, VA 20189-2030

Once again, you have no idea how much we would all appreciate your help. Thanks for taking the time to consider us.

Capt "Crazy" Dave Jenning
Team Site Shiraro, Ethiopia
United Nations Mission to Ethiopia and Eritrea
United Nations Department of Peace Keeping Operations

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home