Monday, January 22, 2007

Subject: See What You've Done...

From: Peter Pan
To: Sam
Jan 20, 2007 1:47 PM

Last night, Ralph and I are out at Rumors, when he gets a strange text from a number he doesn't recognize:

"Hi Ralph. I just wanted to know if you want to go the National Gallery this weekend sometime, or just get together and hang out with me, since we live so close to each other." (paraphrasing)

It couldn't have been a wrong number, since she addressed Ralph directly... and yet, the whole thing sounded a little fake, since this appeared to be some random girl asking him out on a date, over a text message at 11pm on a Friday night. Ralph pondered whether or not it was one of the several girls he's involved with right now who might have changed her number, but there was no reason why she wouldn't let him know first.


Eventually, Ralph got the brilliant idea that maybe it was one of your friends still playing a prank on him, probably waiting for a response so she can laugh at it with all of her girlfriends. After some thought, we decided the best response would be, "Thanks, Clarissa -- we should definitely hang out sometime soon."

The text response he got later in the night?

"I don't know who Clarissa is, but I hope you have a good time with her! ~Irene" (apparently, a girl Ralph works with who has had a crush on him for a while, and finally took the initiative to ask him out...)

Oops. =D


-Peter

I should really begin with the forwarded e-mail Peter sent me on Friday from the most lost of the Lost Boys. Thus, WHY they were at Rumors.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lost Boy
To: Peter, Ralph, Other Lost Boys
Jan 18, 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: Friday night

Alright people,

I know it's a bit early to be thinking about Friday, seeing that its tomorrow and all…but hence, this is my job.

So, the girls I work nearby, Lost Boy 1 met some of them and can vouch for their overall looks, have invited some of us out to join them for a birthday celebration.

Easy enough, small group of dudes, small group of honeys….fun times.

But, the plot thickens…One of them informed us recently that she is bringing ALL of her girl-friends from college along…ummmm…yes

Anyway, festivities begin tomorrow at the

Science Club at 10PM.

Who's in…

PS - Lost Boy 2…I owe you at least one or two beers for sketching out last time….sorry man…just had no place to leave my car…hope your around…

Lost Boy 3 & 4…if either of you can make it….we can pre-party at my place and cab in…and then cab back later….we'll figure it out

Lost Boy 5…I know man short notice, but let me know if you are in bro…if not then we'll have to plan something soon...

Text message from me to Peter on Saturday morning: Were you able to see boobs for your beads last night? Oh wait, you didn't have any beads. Oh wait, it's not Mardi Gras. Oh wait, none of this matters.

1 Comments:

  • At January 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ralph here. Hey, just checking out the blog. A quick correction:

    On the prank call last week, I was the one who thought he was a target of some kind of financial scam, not APK. At any rate, well done. I was completely confused.

    Anyway, keep up the good work, Sam. Always glad to help provide some content for the blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home