Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Torah Portion-

Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people. - Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Or extreme religion, in my case, Judaism-

But, I do get Washington Hebrew's weekly Journal. And, while I've not been to synagogue since I paid for my membership in September, I do like reading the Torah portion column every week. It's interesting to see how each section relates to my own life.

This week's Torah portion was about the water splitting when the Israelites were being chased by the Egyptians. I liked this part of the column in the bulletin:

"To be human is to live between two expanses of water, searching for dry land amidst turbulent seas." & "Life provides so many uncertainties. Yet, through the experience of faith, through the comfort of family, of people-hood, we can find dry land."

In other news-

The Master and I have decided on a theme for the party in April we're throwing for Noah's campaign for Man of the Year Campaign . A Night of Mystique. Star, moon, sun, astrological sign decorations. Fortune cookies. Drinks with names like Potion Punch and Saturn Screwdriver. I hired a Tarot Card reader yesterday. Working on getting the belly dancer and palm reader still. I'll be in costume. A belly dancing costume selling Jupiter Jell-O shots.

Oh yeah, you KNOW you're coming.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home