Monday, January 29, 2007

Welcome to the Jungle

I'll leave the description of the most insanely decorated party of the year to District Belle here. And instead, share some pictures with you of the evening. One note: while both Sassy and District Belle spent the evening chatting up 30-somethings, I discussed the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air with a 24-year-old. Think I'm having a regression to early-20s?




District Belle, myself, and Sassy decked out in Forever 21's finest animal print. Text to District Belle last week: "OMG! I just carried 10 animal print items into the dressing room. I looked like a cheese ball. People were staring."



The monkey was animated. It's eyes and mouth moved. Creepy. We took this picture purely so we could caption it, "Sooo not into spanking the monkey. We're lovers not fighters."




District Belle and I posing with the fish wallpaper all over the fridge. Note that there is a black light and that this wallpaper stays up all year round.


The television sets all played "JTV" a composite of Bettie Page, Tarzan, and past year party pics. The decorations were insane. I hadn't seen a dancing flower since 1985.

The two houses throwing the party were connected by a tent the hosts built along their patios. It was genius. And, everyone was dressed up.

For more pictures, check out my flickr account to the left. Or, see District Belle's photo of the bean dip llama. Yes, the bean dip was shaped like a llama. Insanity.

2 Comments:

  • At January 29, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    So much fun. I love that you captured the dancing flowers, which I thought were a nice touch... and the fabulous tent. The tent was awesome.

    Ummmm the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?? How did I miss this transpiring?

     
  • At January 29, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said FRESH and he had a dice in the mirror...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home