Friday, April 06, 2007

I'm not so out of shape.

I went to step class at the JCC with Suave last night. One hour of cardio and strength training. A definite change from the calm poses of yoga and pilates. Gloria Estefan was playing overhead at one point.

And, the good news, I'm not as out of shape as I thought I was...

Okay, yeah, so I was the only one in class without risers under my step last night. But, I worked out with Suave the whole class. I do well in classes, because I'm competitive and vain. Hell if I'm going to be the one who doesn't make it through the whole thing. I couldn't quite get the arms and legs to move together as instructed, so mainly I stuck to my footwork and pumped my arms back and forth in some demented rowing motion. Not that anyone was paying attention.

This morning, I picked my car up from NT Auto Body in Alexandria. The back door is finally fixed from the run in I had with a pole near my parking spot last April. NT had it finished in a week for $150 less than they quoted me. Gotta appreciate honesty when it comes to auto repair.

My brother comes in tomorrow! I'm so excited that he might be moving to DC. He'll get to meet everyone at Suave's birthday on Saturday night. Last year, Gene was in town for it. Strange how that happens.

And that's all folks. Hope you have a most excellent weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At April 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should come to the gym with me, I can guarantee you won't be the most spastic in the class...I've been known to fall off a stationary bike....daily.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home