Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I've been looking for a driver who is qualified

So if you think that you´re the one, step into my ride. I´m a fine-tuned supersonics speed machine. Got a sunroof top and a gangster lean.

I'm mildly obsessed with Rihanna's "Shut Up and Drive" right now. Well, that and that song "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini on the Hilton commercial, Gwen Stefani's "4 in the Morning," and the Red Hot Chili Pepper's "Snow."

Poor Vive, AB, and Brando. Last night, they came over to barbecue and were forced to listen to my newest random downloads from iTunes. They sucked it up, smiled, and kept their eyes on the hickory smoked chicken as they cringed at my bizarre music taste.

Yesterday's gchat with the Mack got me thinking about my mild obsessions with a variety of things. Convo is below:

The Mack: do you say "totally" alot
Sam: yeah all the time
The Mack: b/c i've been saying it SOOOO much
Sam: brando makes fun of me
The Mack: i think i got it from you
Sam: totally
The Mack: yea, no, for real... that's my answer for anything
Sam: yeah, that's all me
The Mack: thanks. bitch
Sam: and bizarre is from the master
The Mack: ha. kidding.
Sam: clearly is from the pea. but, i talk like a valley girl. i say like, chick, dude, and totally on a regular basis.
The Mack: ha. the master and the pea do say those catch phrases. we should turn it into a drinking game.
Sam: and franky is "i know, right?" which i've picked up recently.
The Mack.: i say dude and totally. i know, right? is me. franky got that from me
Sam: oh really? funny
The Mack: which i stole from mean girls
Sam: i got it from her.
The Mack: haha
Sam: so funny
The Mack: so great
Sam: we're single handedly bringing back the Mallrats dictionary.

So, I started thinking about things I'm mildly obsessed with outside of top 40 songs that Hot 99.5 might be overplaying and the word "totally."

Here's a list of things that, currently, I'm mildly obsessed with (and I use mildly, because I get bored so easily nothing sticks as an obsession for too long. In fact, after I write this, I'll probably be over a couple of these things already.):

-Reba McEntire, whether she's singing or acting. She looks like the child of Midge and a troll doll. I think it's awesome.

-Stinky Fingers' Carolina Sweet barbecue sauce now available in grocery stores. So delicious.

-My Life on the D List. This season has been hilarious. Kathy went out with Nick Carter for publicity and turned him down for a goodnight kiss.

-Original Red Bull. I know, I know.

-Calvin Klein's Perfect Fit swimwear that comes in bra sized tops. Brilliant! I went bikini shopping yesterday and wound up with 3 suits because I can't make freakin' decisions myself. Vive helped me choose and the CK one got a unanimous "yes!" I know this might not seem like a problem to many people, but just imagine having to normally buy an XL top and have it fitted because you're a size small in actuality, just not on top. It's insane. Coco Reef, Shoshanna, and CK are my heroes.

-The following foods: Bacos, Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, avocados, 97% fat free Hebrew National hot dogs, Boca Vegan burgers, Fiber One Honey Clusters, pretzels, pecans, Diet Pepsi, asparagus, grilled tomatoes, Chef Boyardee ravioli,

-gChat during the days (especially the status section where I pick quotes from Brainy Quote), Facebook and MySpace (I like the applications on Facebook like SuperPoke!, Top Friends, and Graffiti walls. Peter's not so happy about it. Here's his gchat comment of the day: why is facebook trying to be myspace. if they start allowing people to customize the backgrounds of their profile pages, i'm quitting the site. the one thing i liked about facebook over myspace was that loading someone's profile didn't cause me epileptic seizures.), Picassa for quick upload web albums, and pretty much email and the computer in general.

- Urban Decay makeup. Especially the product names that top OPI polish names. Namely- Big Fatty mascara and Crash, Baked, Last Call, and Strip eyeshadow. A huge blast of smoke hit my face last night, as usual when I'm barbecuing. I went to the bathroom to take off my eye makeup since I'd forgotten to do so before I was cooking. Not a smudge insight. Even Vive was impressed! Oh an District Belle has started using Big Fatty mascara too.

Okay, and I'll stop there for now. There's more, I'm sure, but you should probably be getting back to work or something.

3 Comments:

  • At June 19, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    What... like the back of a Volkswagen?

     
  • At June 19, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Nice quotage!

     
  • At June 19, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Love the Big Fatty Lash, especially when complimented by Benefit's Bad Gal Blue. Divine.

    Your Facebook fetish is catching though.I'm not owning up to how long I fought with my computer to upgrade my Flash version so I could graffiti too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home