Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Fushia Lipstick Should Be Illegal

I used to blame QVC, The Home Shopping Network, and Kmart for making most American women fashion victims. Playing on eBay the other day in search of a costume for District Belle and Sassy's Saved By the Bell-themed party on the 30th, I saw one too many 100% cotton potato sacks with arm holes described as "Fashionable denim embroidered church dress. Perfect classic." I guess I can now safely blame eBay for making it impossible for someone like me to ever live in Boise, Idaho or Fargo, North Dakota. I mean, you've got Mary Kate and Ashley and Hilary Duff designing hip clothing for tweens across America, but Koos can't create anything for the size 14 housewife in Missouri? I'm confused.

Then again, I was playing around on the On Tap photo gallery website (I'm in a couple of the pics from the Cinco de Midtown Crawl), and saw these fushia lips. Hmmm, maybe DC isn't the place for me either?

2 Comments:

  • At June 05, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    Okay I don't know squat about what women view as proper fashion, but isn't it at least a little odd that her lips are brighter than her bag?

     
  • At June 05, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Right. I mean technically Glamour's top 40 fashion don'ts of all time left off "don't match your lipstick to your purse" and "don't wear fushia. Ever." But, then again, they probably didn't think anyone would think to do something like that...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home