Wednesday, March 22, 2006

American Idol Wrap Up-

Starting from the beginning... I've just now realized that Mandisa doesn't use a last name on the Idol website. "Mandiva" it is, thank for that one Ryan. Song was good. Her hair style made her look a bit too much like Medusa. I forgot her during the commercial break.

Bucky Covington looks like that drunk obnoxious guy at a Karaoke dive bar who hits on girls way out of his league. I think Paula was doped up(as usual) and messed around with him thinking it was Ace Young. That's why she was nice. His song sucked.

Ace Young is hot. I don't pay attention to how he sings.

Paris Bennett annoys the crap out of me. She's arrogant. I'm thinking tonight she reminded me of Tracy Flick for President. I much prefer Lisa Tucker as far as wholesome teenage Idols go. She might not sing as well, but I'd much rather see her win.

My roommate does not think Kevin Covais is as adorable as I do. Oh, and apparently, Simon put together some rubbish band in Britain back in the day who covered that exact song. The album sold like gold, but when the sales demographic was analyzed, it appeared that 61-90 year old women were purchasing the album for their grandchildren. Needless to say, that's what Simon meant by his comment that Kevin's demographic will like his version of the song. "You sucked, but so did the band that bought me my house in the French Riviera."

Katharine McPhee and Kellie Pickler continue to kick serious Idol bootie. Kellie looks like a little Dolly Pardon. I sort of like her in that pound of makeup and skin-tight ensemble. Katharine looks like a young Catherine Zeta-Jones. She's got the basics down. Girls find her pretty and sweet, and guys find her hot. They're my pick for the final two girls. How cute was that fan's poster of Kelly as a pickle?

As for Chris Daughtry and Taylor Hicks, my theory is that they'll follow suit with Bo Bice and Constan-what's-his-name. At the beginning, everyone thought Constantine would beat Bo out. It turned out that by week number 7 fans were sick of hearing the same thing from Chris. Bo might have sounded similar week to week, but he was much less cool. He wasn't making love to the camera. He wasn't trying to have the world thing he was Chris Martin. He was doing the Bama Southern rock thing. He loved the music. Eventually, people began to love him more than the show stopper. I'm guessing Taylor stays and, in a week or two, Chris's popularity diminishes. It's only refreshing the first time around. Plus, Chris looks a bit too much like Howie Mandel on Deal or No Deal last night.

My top 3: Katharine McPhee, Taylor Hicks, and Kelly Pickler

Oh, and as for Elliot Yamin (who I forgot until now), dude may be the only Jew on the show, but I can't vote for him. He really does look like a primate.

1 Comments:

  • At March 25, 2006, Blogger Lebatron said…

    In these things, there are alwasy the obvious 3 or 4 finalists. The rest of the time, we're just voting the rest off.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home