Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Karma

I remember the day Amanda left New York. She was staying with me and interviewing... trying to rebuild herself after a terrible breakup. After a horrid interview, she head back on the subway to my apartment. She was walking down 86th Street when a homeless man spit on her. When she walked into the door of my apartment, her face made me cry. How selfish could people be? Can't you tell by the look on someone's face that it isn't a time to bring their luck down even lower? So, Amanda packed up her bags and accepted a job in Philly starting the next week. I sat on my sofa cursing New York and wishing karmic retribution upon both of our ex-boyfriends and all the people in this world who only think of themselves.

And everytime I feel hollow, like now, a story like this makes me believe that perhaps my initial thinking is right- perhaps it's not the world against us, but rather us against the world?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home