Wednesday, March 07, 2007

I am recovering

#1 from the longest headache in history! I've had it since Friday. One more day of this and my head is going in an oven.

#2 dinner last night with Vive, the Pea, the Master, Suave, and Jen at Nooshie. Getting my Pad Thai (so yummy and greasy there, the way it should be!) to go, I remarked "I don't think I've ever re-heated Pad Thai. I don't know why I always feel the need to get it to go." None the less, half of it is sitting in my fridge awaiting my disposal of it next week when I remember it's still in there. Pad Thai's just not good re-heated.

#3 the weirdest dream on record thus far. Yesterday walking home, an Ambassador cab (number 108, don't ask why I remember that) in lime green drove by me. I thought it was funny. Also, Suave remarked on the mouse traps still all over my house the other day. "Don't worry," I said. "The mouse died. In my room. My landlord just hasn't come to pick up the tracks yet." Then, I proceeded to bump into one of the sticky ones and get it stuck to my pant leg. A couple pulls and curse words, and I got it off with a minimal rip in my favorite sweat pants. Oh, and the Tricon Construction strike is still happening on N Street every morning as it has been for the last 3 months. I have to walk in the street to get to work. It's irritating. Keep meaning to research what the fight is about.

So, the dream last night. I was walking down the street and all the cabs were lime green. I stopped and asked Angelina (who magically appeared in my dream apparently visiting DC from NYC). She told me that CNN Breaking News had sent out something earlier saying all cabs in DC must be lime green from now on. Then, a huge blow-up rat from the Tricon Construction Strike was parked in the middle of Dupont Circle where the fountain usually stands. All these rats and mice were lined up facing it. Angelina said we should just walk through the circle (there was no way to walk around the circle in my dream). I was freaked out. She said if we sprayed them with soda they'd move away. So, we're walking through and spraying the rats with soda. But, I run out. She's way ahead of me. Suddenly, all the rats start attacking me, and I can't get up. I'm stuck to some sticky trap.

I woke up in a cold sweat.

I don't even want to know what the dream dictionary would have to say about the meaning of that!

2 Comments:

  • At March 07, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    Regarding reheating food, something I don't often do (unless it's pizza or chinese delivery), I had leftovers from Pei Wei (honey-seared pork) and Glory Days (half a plate of cheese fries, complete with bacon, onions, and a cup filled with ranch dressing) in my refrigerator after Sunday. On Monday I was so voraciously hungry after work I reheated both and devoured them. I didn't even think twice about the cheese fries, which historically don't reheat well, but they were pretty good in a ranch dressing bath.

     
  • At March 07, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    I'm getting acid reflux just reading this=)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home