Sunday, April 29, 2007

I went to bed Friday night and awoke Saturday evening at Delta Chi circa 1999.

Oh what a night! Late April back in 2007...

Saturday night was insane. Absolutely insane.

I met Franky and CE at the Metro Center stop to cab over to JB's popped-collar and tennis skirt party in NE Capitol Hill. We brought with us a bottle of raspberry vodka which went perfectly down the ice luge. JB held a funnel from the second floor window for people outside on the porch to drink a beer. Hunch Punch was served out of a large plastic tub lined with a black garbage bag. And, basically, we got drunk in just under an hour.

We got a cab fairly easily on H & 12th NE, which I was worried about severely. Apparently though, there is a shuttle provided by several of the new bars called the Atlas Shuttle which runs from 10:30pm until 2:30am from H St. to Union Station for free. I was dreading the long commute to EP's Mardi Debauchery Party on 8th Street SE if there were no cabs, but, after considering the options, I was willing to take the commute over skipping the ice luge to drive my car around DC.

We got to EP's around 11:15pm and were met at the door with mounds of beads and District Belle. Then Peter, Ralph, Taffy, and others met us for some dancing and beer. The rest of the night was a bit of a blur but involved a pinata breaking while I was in the bathroom and a disagreement arising from whether or not we should leave Bon Jovi playing on the radio. Of course, there were also pictures of us doing silly and seductive things with the beads. What else!

And then we left around 2:30am and cabbed home where I spent the whole night and almost all of yesterday laughing at pictures I took and making comments on friends' MySpace and Facebook profiles about our non-stop fraternity rush party tour of DC. Woohoo. Rigmas Together Forever!

I have one thing to say- sashe Shante.

3 Comments:

  • At April 30, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think Montel Jordan said it best, "This is how we do it".

     
  • At April 30, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    So you weren't kidding about biting the beads...

     
  • At April 30, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Always pleased to welcome you to the Frat house (and bite beads with you). Fun night. Glad you didn't defect back to party #1 and decided to stay on!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home