Thursday, April 26, 2007

My friends totally bought me a man last night.

Team Cuttler's Date Auction was last night at Play Lounge. As a thank you gift from the Pea, the Master, and Suave for A Night of Mystique, my friends decided to donate to the campaign. So, they purchased me a man.

The bachelors and bachelorettes wore pink and blue bandanas. The happy hour was like shopping. I loved it! I had chosen this bio in advance:

Yet another Seattleite, this brown-eyed boy is studying Bioterrorism at Georgetown University. (P.S. He already has an MBA under his belt at the ripe age of 24.) A former NCAA football player, this Item also enjoys skiing and the great outdoors. His other passion? Drinking a nice pint or two. Now he only needs someone to share it with.

The awkward part, of course, was that someone I dated before was also in the auction. But, all is well between us, and I'm glad we can be friends and have a good time together now.

So, wandering around the room before the auction, I talked to Bioterrorism guy plenty. His friend asked me if we were each other's backup plans. I was flattered to think he thought I must be in the auction, of course. The interesting part was, I probably would have been into the guy.

Me to BG: I like Bioterrorism.
BG: What? Why?
Me to BG: Oh, no, I don't like actual bioterrorism. OMG! The guy in the auction. That's who I was talking about.
Noah later commenting on the conversation: I like bioterrorism and second to that, I'm a fan of famine.

The bidding started around 8pm. The Pea and the Master held a bidding war (using the same money) for Bioterrorism guy to get things started. We won him and $50 to the Carlyle. I told him I hoped he didn't care if I took my friends instead. I'd never go to a fancy dinner on a first date anyways! I'm a Bama girl. I like things lower key.

JK went for $375, because she's super hot. AM was bidding on her and convinced Brian Egan, the announcer, to throw in tickets to Faith Hill and Tim McGraw if he went up to $350. He still lost. JK's too hot.

After the auction, I headed over to Cafe Citron with Bioterrorism guy, his friend, Peter's hot friend who was in the auction too, Kix, and others. We danced until around midnight when my friend showed up. I think Bioterrorism was thrown off a bit. I was dancing with Kix, then dancing with my friend, and, though interested in him, not about to go home with a guy my friends bought for me. Well not yet at least.

Though, the big question remains, if I do hook up with him, did my friends buy me sex? Because, well, that's just weird even if it was for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society.

Ah, the dilemnas.

Pictures below:

That's Bioterrorism guy up for bidding. How hot is he! I love my friends.



This picture is for Peter. He thinks LG is the hottest girl ever. I thought I'd give him something for his bedside table as a consolation prize for missing a fun night out!

Here we are at the auction after the bidding had stopped. Hot, right?

3 Comments:

  • At April 26, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    I'm so sad I missed the big purchase. Argh. Sounds like a great time (and can't wait to hear about the evening when you cash in on your win haha)

    I'm looking forward to Red Sky though! NYC here we come...

     
  • At April 26, 2007, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said…

    Hey! I was at Citron last night too. You don't look familiar though, were you downstairs?

     
  • At April 26, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Yeah, we were downstairs dancing from about 11pm on.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home