Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Tid Bits

GChat with the Mack.

Her away message: 1 day away from April 25!!
Sam: What's April 25th?
The Mack: hahah... It is my favorite quote day from my fav movie..
Sam: Oh Miss Congeniality=) I remember the Date Auction Evite response.
The Mack: YES!!!!!!!!! Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date. Cheryl Fraiser (Mis. RI): That's a tough one. I would have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.
The Mack: And since junior year of college, I email my friends each April 25 with that message. Oh, so one of my biggest accomplishments of the day yesterday-
was figuring out (on accident) how to bold a word on gChat
Sam: No way. How do you do it?
The Mack: haha. word- * word * no spaces.

Sam: Check this out. I can write in bold on gChat now!
Peter
: Uh, wow?

My New Theory: Crazy girls do best in the dating game.

I have a new theory I'm currently developing, but I'm convinced that overly dependant girls who call guys and basically whip and suffocate them (not literally, of course) might very well have the most game. I mean, they completely risk being called psychos if it doesn't work out, but I can't even tell you how many of my guy friends appear to be taken by girls who pretty much stalk them. Not that I'd ever intend to copy this method. I just think it's rather fascinating.

I'm debating emailing Pillsbury re: Grands Biscuits.

The damn biscuits almost always burn on the bottom. I know it has nothing to do with how I'm preparing them either. I pop the can, put some aluminum foil down on a cookie sheet. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Put them in for the most minimal suggested cooking time of 13 minutes. And yet, always burnt on the bottom. Seriously? When I leave them in for less time, they come out doughy. I don't get it.

It's a Giant world after all.

Am I missing something? Did I suddenly enter The Truman Show and is everyone I meet just a reappearing cast member? (Come on, you know after you saw that movie, you started looking for cameras around you too.) So, I get a message from Franky that CE is doing a house share with the Giant and company this summer at Dewey totally randomly via a Craigslist add.

It's cool, #1 according to his MySpace page, the Giant is a taken man. #2 I genuinely like the guy and think he is fun to hang out with (since we were all already planning a weekend to spend at Dewey with CE so that I could get a firsthand account of this Spring Break party every weekend in Delaware). #3 It was bound to happen with the way my life seems to work these days.

Theme parties galore.

I haven't had a weekend where I didn't have a theme party of some sort in so long. Turns out my friend and his roomie's are hosting yet another one this coming weekend- guys in Polo shirts, girls in tennis skirts. Evite reads:

Details:

1) First, as you all should know by now, we do theme parties that involve, in many cases, thematic dressing. The G-d of parties came to us in a dream and told us- the time is nigh for you to hold another party. And so we made ourselves ready. Then the G-d of parties said, Women will come to this party. They shall wear tennis skirts. The G-d of parties went on: Men will come to this party. They shall adorn themselves in Polo shirts. Then the G-d of parties left us to contemplate the consequences of transgression. We decided it was better to be safe than sorry. Appropriate attire is mandatory (we will have loaners for the unprepared, to help them save their souls). So let it be written; so let it be done.

2) Help us, help you. We are going to provide beer, punch (the good stuff), and an ice luge. We would very much appreciate if you would bring hard alcohol to pour down the ice luge (i.e. Goldschlager, Vodka, Rum, Midori, etc), or if you want a fancy beer or wine. You get the picture.

3) Time is hazy (I have already been drinking) but show up around 8ish and I think there will still be some alcohol available. We'll be playing board and card games, shuffle board on our new table, and pin the tail on the Dave in honor of his birthday.

My Evite response: So, a party where girls must wear short skirts came to you in a dream? Hmmm.

The end my friends. Is it really only Tuesday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home