Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Team Cuttler Plays the Field/ Bar- Week 2

We had the early game last night. At 6:25 pm, we arrived at the Adams Morgan field layered in our warmest sporty attire. We were playing the Steptoe Ballers, a team composed of a bunch of coworkers at Steptoe & Johnson. We got our butts kicked. Me to SV: "What's the score?" SV, "I stopped counting. We lost."

So, yeah, I realize that I'm completely dead weight on the team. Perfect happy baby and tree poses don't translate to kickball athletic abilities. But, the BIG issue about our team semi-sucking, we have 4 triathletes (including 2 Ironmen), 1 personal trainer, and a host of other athletes on our team. So the Master showed up in her cleats with a Proenza Schouler sweatshirt and Chanel sunglasses and I forgot to take off my diamond studs before getting to the field, the truth is, we're the only ones with excuses for not being good. HK, "Well, our team should suggest that the game last for 9 hours. Then we'd rock for our endurance."

After the massacre, we headed to Adams Mill for drinking. The problem with a super early game is you have about an hour with only 2 other teams to hang out before the other people arrive. This is bad for the drinkin' type, because, well, you drink.

Our team took to flip cupping against the Steptoe employees, though no actual lawyers were present, which was sort of funny. The team danced together and took shots to a point where the Mack and I wondered how awkward their tomorrow was gonna be at work.

Bitchy comment of the night: the Mack and I checking out the teams playing flip cup upstairs, "let's not come to the bar after we play that grey team." The Mack, "I think they're all hooking up with each other tonight." Me, "so long as they don't procreate."

I left around midnight after dancing to "Come on Irene" with my teammates and making some new friends whose names I don't remember.

I requested nudity from the Steptoers at one point stating that I wanted the full kickball experience as seen in Peter's pictures. No one got naked. I was a tad disappointed. This blog is sure to be boring if I don't at least see something obscene!

4 Comments:

  • At April 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    No mentions of Bizarro Hirsch or "Pinky"?!... Remember, just cause we suck at kikcball doesnt me we cant make fun of the other teams! gooooo team cuttler!

     
  • At April 18, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Hah love the comments on your and the Master's attire - classic.

    That is funny about having 4 triatholetes and 2 Ironmen... perhaps kicking is not their forte then?

    I've still yet to see this go down... one day I'm going to haul myself out to AM and make an evening of it.

     
  • At April 18, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Oh yeah, Bizarro Hirsh! Us to Hirsh, "that guy on the other team looked like a fatter, uglier, older, meaner you." So funny. And your best comment of the night, Mack, by far: "I don't like that guy that looks like a penis on the other team. And not a cute penis."

    LJ- um, yeah, you should come. It's funny. Wear pearls. You'll fit in=)

     
  • At April 18, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    You need former soccer players that can kick the crap out of the ball and put it where they want to put it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home