Monday, June 25, 2007

A Non-Legwarmed Dewbie No More.

Oh what a weekend.
I don't even know where to begin telling you about it. From my new obsession to Kent Island, to SW pulling down a guys pants and exposing him to the whole 80s crowd at the Legwarmers concert, to Lisa and I waking up with our bags in a double bed in Dewey, to dancing on stage at the Rusty Rudder with Kristin and the Noise.
Oh my my my.

I give you a pictorial overview of the weekend.

District Belle met me at the Foggy Bottom metro before we drove over to MS and SW's house for a pre-Legwarmer's party and photo op. She wore her sunglasses on the metro to minimize the looks she was getting for sporting a mini skirt and shoulder showing shirt complete with a rainbow strapped bra. The blue eyeshadow hiding didn't help.
The show was one of the only places where not being in costume would make you look silly.

Standing in the bathroom line- Me: OMG, Led Zeppelin might be playing here. Could that happen? How cool! The Mack: That's Lez Zeppelin. Probably a Lesbian cover band. Not that I wouldn't go or anything.
So much fun!

Saturday morning, we woke up entirely too early and met at Franky and the Mack's to embark on our Dewey Beach adventure. Lisa's got a half share for the summer. She gets a guaranteed bed (which means half a bed if the bed is a queen or double) for the summer. For $50 a night, we get to be guests and sleep on an air mattress on the floor in the house. This also includes alcohol. We decided to try this out for one night before committing to a full weekend in the future.
Peter gave us these crazy awesome directions through the Maryland and Delaware corn fields. We called him to say we were extremely thankful for the hour he saved us. Peter: There isn't a car in sight, I'm sure. How do you like the corn fields? Me: Well besides seeing a dude teaching another dude how to dance and some kids trying to get us to join them in the corn, we're doing okay. Oh and this hot guy on a tractor is writing things in the corn for us.

We laid out for a couple hours and then hit the Lighthouse for infamous orange crush drinks. The Mack had a slight contact malfunction and ended up winking at the bartender. It didn't get us free drinks. Better luck next time.

We showered and joined the other house shares and their guests for a game of flip cup and beer pong at the next door neighbors house. The neighbors were about 40 and had a breathalyzer they kept administering on Franky and the Mack. Once Franky's came out sober, they moved along to another girl.

An impromptu dance party then began. I liked how the only artwork (outside of Bud Light ads on the wall) was hanging crooked. I made the Mack take a picture with me pretending like we were leaning with it. My drink was super strong. It was hilarious at the time.

We danced for who knows how long. Franky and I kept adding alcohol, but no mixers, to our drink. Then we headed to the Rusty Rudder to hear Kristin and the Noise play. I had no idea who the band was, but everyone else seemed super excited. On route by foot, one of the boys suggested the two of us take a rickshaw. The guy had lost his keys and spent the entire weekend whining about it. I called the Mack: Look across the street now. Look where I am. The Mack: What? OMG! How and when did you get in a rickshaw? Think they'll drive Steve back to DC.

After one kamikaze shot, we danced around only to come face to face with a poster that read "They Might be Giants." Lisa is sharing a house with the Giant's crew, randomly, in case you didn't remember. Actually, those we met and hung with that night were completely awesome. The Giant wasn't there, so it wasn't uncomfortable at all. Doubt it would be anyways.

Then we took jello shots. We got some dude to take the photo only to realize later his shirt said "You're looking at a legend." I would never associate with someone who wore something like that normally. Blame it on the shot.

We pushed our way to the front of the stage only to be pulled on to dance with Kristin and the Noise. I gave my camera to a guy from the house who took a million awesome shots of our dance moves. Those guys in the front were really really ridiculously into us. It was sort of gross. No one recalls what songs were playing, and yet, Franky was able to remember the lyrics and song Jesse sang for Rebecca, Nicky, and Alex on Full House ("If every word you said could make me laugh, I'd talk forever...")

We danced on the ground for a while. I don't know who the dude behind us is...

Sleeping arrangements were strange. Franky and the Mack shared a twin bed in a room with another dude from the house. They were woken up by some girls singing to the dude, "Wake up and don't forget your umbrella, brella, brella, hey hey." Lisa and I awoke on the 3rd floor in a full bed when a girl came in from the night out at 7am. We'd fallen asleep with our purses in bed like we were backpacking Europe or something. Perky all the same, we dressed and headed to the beach to lay out and then strolled the Rehoboth boardwalk.

We had a little too much rearranging the magnets in a 5 & 10 on the boardwalk. It kept us laughing all day.

On the way back, we stopped at a WaWa for gas and sandwiches. There, we spotted another Giant. It was a MUST TAKE picture.

Lisa's statement that she didn't get the deal with sandwiches and WaWa sparked a 2 hour debate on the car ride back about sandwiches. We stopped it finally by trying to play 6 degrees. With our brains fried, we managed to figure out a way to trace Andrew McCarthy back to Andrew McCarthy. At that point, we pumped up my mixed cds of teen movie soundtracks and enjoyed the view of Kent Island (I never knew it existed and fully intend to take a day trip there now)!

The end. I left out like a million other funny things (including the following conversation at Mama's Celeste after the bar. Me: Oh, he's cute. Excuse me, how old are you? Guy: 18. Why? Me: Oh, I wish you'd said 20. Oh well. Andrew: He probably should start by wearing shoes. Me: Oops. Didn't notice that.)
I need to sleeeeep.

4 Comments:

  • At June 25, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    Oh because 20 is so much better than 18.

    I wouldn't date a 20 year old, and I'm only slightly younger than you.

    Slightly. Don't kill me.

     
  • At June 25, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Oh, that was in code. I was joking that since I've never been to Cancun nor hooked up with someone random in a bar, I'd like to make out with someone in a bar in Dewey. The rules were I had to be too drunk to remember him or his name, I couldn't go home with him, and he had to be questionably 20.

     
  • At June 26, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    This post cracks me up. Love how there's the continual running thread of visuals just to properly accentuate the text. Nice!

     
  • At June 26, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Thanks. I didn't fully give the weekend justice. But, I tried.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home