Friday, January 12, 2007

Hey Jude!

Last night, I met the Pea and Vive at Lucky Bar for a late happy hour at 7pm. Lucky Bar was quite the scene on a Thursday night. We were enthused to stay longer than planned. I had a DC moment when I ran into a girl with whom I serve on my Alumni Association's steering committee. She was out with her coworker, one of them being APK's ex roommate. It's a small world afterall. Vive had texted her friend, an Oklahoma born and raised Jude Law lookalike to meet us out. I've been dying to meet this boy ever since I saw The Holiday weeks ago.

All I can say is, oh wow and hey Jude!

We finished our drinks and headed to Dragonfly for a sushi event there. I'm not a huge Dragonfly person. I feel like the concrete floors and uncomortable 70s-style chairs are a bit sterile for me. The place is like a modern furniture store being told I can't try out any of the furniture as it is artwork.

Up the stairs we went all the same. Jude and I sat on a couch chatting up Howard Stearn, Southern rock, living in Oklahoma, etc. I've become fantastic at not feeling anything quickly, and I am very proud of myself for being able to do it. Peter's convinced I'm going to spontaneously combust at 45 for repressing everything all the time. I don't know about that. Honestly, I think it's healthy to be able to walk away from situations that cause more stress than happiness.

And anyways, OMG, Jude was so hot. I don't know that it's meant to be anything, but it was sure fun to stare at him for a whole night. They grow them well in Oklahoma! For you and me alike, here's a picture of the real Jude Law. Drule forming on my mouth. I'll be his nanny any day!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home