Monday, January 08, 2007

My horoscope yelled at me today? And, Weekend Review too.

No, seriously, it screamed at me. Check it out:

Here is your horoscope for Sunday, January 7: No matter how hard you try, you just can't read this person's mind. Save your sanity and stop overanalyzing all their words and actions. Forget about what they might have 'really' meant. Concentrate on your own life.

But anyways. Picking up isn't apparently hard to do...

Last night, District Belle, SW, and I met out at Clyde's in Chinatown to pre-party before my friend Joey's party at Avenue... where we never ended up going. The bar got progressively more and more crowded when the Caps game ended next door and then when the Mayor's inaugural ball ended down the street. Two very nice Ohio boys ended up buying us drinks for the majority of the night in a very polite pick up.

An attractive Jersey boy started talking to me... I suppose trying to impress me, in the worst possible way. He explained that he was a model in NYC, then went to culinary school, and now works in mortgage banking so he can make money and retire to raise his family at 35. Having been into art at one point, I was more impressed with the culinary aspect of the arrogant resume he recited to me. His line, "well now I know how to cook for the ladies." Creep. One of the Ohio boys took a hint and saved me. Model to Ohio boy, "don't you think DC is obsessed with money?" Ohio boy: "that's interesting coming from a guy who says he wants to retire at 35." They grow them well in the Midwest!

In the midst of the conversation, Missdy and company entered coincidentally after having a not-so-wonderful time at the Mayor's ball. I'm told it was highly disorganized and overcrowded. Clyde's was packed full by that point, so we all headed to the upstairs bar for a break from the noise. 4 ridiculously attractive 23-year old project managers from one of the construction companies in Virginia. They were having a work happy hour. It turned out they were all Southern, except for the most attractive one who was from Ecuador? It took us about 15 minutes to figure out that we had nothing at all to talk to these boys about... I guess that's why I've never much been a fan of picking people up in bars.

We stopped by Fado and then headed home. I met Peter at the Big Hunt for a quick drink. What was going on with the bars in DC Saturday? The line outside Cafe Citron extended to N Street, AND people were totally waiting in. Suave's roommate tells me that Jenna Bush was waisted outside Lucky Bar... I missed that unfortunately.

BUT, I hate this sunny weather officially. I've got a horrible sinus infection (Z Pack is now running through my system, thank heavens), and people do not have any clue how to dress appropriately for a 60 degree day in January. I saw skanky dresses worn with furry boots? Sequin tube tops with flips flops? And, the worst outfits, uh mini skirts and flip flops? Didn't we put those away for the winter? I thought we were through with unnecessary displays of cellulite!

This morning, I met District Belle at the First Baptist Church on 16th and O for a service to celebrate Alabama. The Pastor was delightful! The church itself is immaculate. Then tonight, Suave had the Master, the Pea, and I over for You're the One that I Want on NBC. Fox makes reality shows so much less cheesy. I'm already sick of hearing "Hopelessly Devoted to You." I was never a big fan of that song to begin with. No one sang "Look at Me. I'm Sandra Dee." That's my favorite. And, yucky, did they have to send them to Grease Academy? I thought I might gag! We were a little upset that the dancing cupcake didn't make it to the next round. She's make an amazing Rizzo.

Hope you had a good weekend!

2 Comments:

  • At January 08, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    Your horoscope reads a lot like my fortune cookies have lately. There is no question in my mind that this is an unfortunate development. If I get one more fortune cookie that tells me to do something (like a horoscope), instead of telling me what will happen (yanno, like an actual fortune) I'm going to poke someone with a chopstick.

     
  • At January 08, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Exactly! Fortune cookies and horoscopes are supposed to tell you what is to come of your life NOT tell you what you should be doing. I was irritated with my most recent fortune cookie... it said something about me being a good judge of character. While the compliment was nice, I wasn't looking for that!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home