Thursday, March 22, 2007

This just in-

I'm thrilled to report my Internet research saved me $150!

So, two weeks ago Saturday, I was rushing to get to District Belle's for Shamrockfest. I'd fallen in love with a Bond #9 Scent of Peace sample I got from my coworker. I didn't assume it would be more than $80. Okay, $100 max.

I drove up to the Saks in Friendship Heights (which I'm usually a HUGE fan of) to get the perfume. I didn't look at the price, because clearly I was in a hurry. The sales woman basically took advantage of me and didn't ask if I wanted the 3.3 oz or the 1.7 oz, but that's a whole other issue. I get into my car and realize I didn't get my parking validated. I run back in with the receipt to the accessories counter and then glance at the price, $205! Obviously, I'd have to return it. How can I give peace a chance if it is going to bankrupt me?

I returned it the next day and stopped into Sephora to test out scents. I couldn't find anything I liked as much.

Then, I decided to play around on the Internet to see about getting a discounted bottle from Amazon. No luck. Bond 9 is exclusive to Saks, Bendels, and Harold's. Fab.

BUT, I finally found a couple reviews that said it smelled identical to Anna Sui's Secret Wish fragrance made exclusively for Victoria's Secret (that cost half the price). I went down to the store I HATE near Farrugut (that's how badly I wanted to smell this way) and was disappointed to learn that it isn't available in all stores. No one helped me to locate it anywhere else, of course, so I called other stores in the area myself later. Bummer, no luck.

Took a risk after it all and just ordered the scent from Amazon. $50 for a 2.5 oz bottle. It just arrived. I'm wearing it. It smells identical to Scent of Peace. I like the name better anyways. And the bottle has a glass fairy on the top. Pretty. Woohoo!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home