Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What goes around comes all the way back around.

I'm not a huge Justin Timberlake fan. I don't like that he tries to talk like Eminem, dance like Madonna, dress like Puff Daddy, and sing like Prince. I don't like that he's creating a fashion line of jeans which were shown all over US Weekly on Miss-absolutely-no-hips-built-like-a-dude Cameron Diaz, as if that could sell it to us normal folk. And, I don't particularly find him that attractive.

So, there it is. I think if Justin was one of us (just a slob like one of us, just a stranger on the bus, trying to make his way home) he'd have girls walking away from his too tight pants and calling him possibly gay, beat up for trying to talk like he's from the ghetto, and left alone to his dance moves at Chief Ikes.

Urg, those matching denim outfits he and G.I. Brittany come to mind (and we're questioning her mental stability only now?)

But (cover your ears Greg Allman), I do admit I like "What Goes Around." It's a spiteful little number all about karma. What's not to like?

Everything comes full circle. I've come to that point in DC. I now tend to know someone that everyone new I meet knows. The vagrant in me (uh, my favorite song of all times is still "No One to Run With") wants to split the second this starts happening. Honestly, I'm no good at nesting and routine. I don't know what that means for my possible future life (knock on wood) as a wife and mother, but, when I start saying to my friends on the phone, "Things are good. Boring. But, okay." It's the beginning of the end to my love for a city.

Truth is [yawn] I'm a bit bored. Okay, incredibly bored.

Not that I don't adore my friends, my apartment, my life, etc. But, I'm sick of meeting people who know someone I know. Especially since, most recently, I've been meeting people who know someone I pissed off. I'm entirely too good at being candid sometimes. Most of the time, I'm pretty reserved, but I don't play coy when a challenge presents itself. Damn Libra scales.

So the point of this honest little blog entry, being a bit bored and having things come all the way back around often, it makes a girl actually turn to Justin Timberlake. Now, that's what I call sucking.

The Junior League's hosting a Beer and Ballet event at the Washington Ballet tonight. We watch the rehearsal for their new musical, drink beer, and then meet the dancers. Ari and I are going. Should be cool. Tomorrow, I'm planning on fasting when I, no doubt, feel like a fat whale.

6 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    So what you're telling me is that Justin Timberlake is the product of some orgy between Madonna , Eminem, Puffy, and Prince?

    I'm so not hungry right now.

     
  • At March 14, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    There's a visual.

     
  • At March 14, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Have fun at beer & ballet... and out of curiousity, in what planet are you a whale? Don't think so.

    Don't get my started on Justin Timberlake... hah. Sounds like you need some vacation time away from DC, where you don't see so many people you know, etc.

     
  • At March 14, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Ok that should have read "on" and not "in". Argh. The Virgo in me can't deal with the error, while we're talking about sign-related traits =)

     
  • At March 16, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow.

    1) You’re all kinds of wrong about JT. The guy kicks ass…why? Because he does his own thing. I don’t like all his music, but at least it’s different. He innovates and that’s a whole lot more than I say for the million indie rock bands who all have the wanna-be British punk thing going. Justin reinvented himself from boy band to Britney’s beau to SNL & Youtube superstar. Frankly he’s the one celeb I actually think is a genuinely cool dude – he even bartended a few times just for kicks when I lived in new york and picked up the tab.

    2) Not sure if that was a knock on chief ikes? Ikes also originates; it isn’t like every other AM dive bar: from a DJ spinning decent hip hop, to $3 pbr to the weird alternative scene upstairs. I’m not a regular but I definitely appreciate it.

    3) Love the Joan Osburne reference.

     
  • At March 16, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    Sam-

    1) Sorry. He can be as original as ever, but I'm still not a fan. I'm from the Jam Band world of actual music.

    2) No insult to Chief Ikes. Insult to JT.

    3) Thanks. Love her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home