Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wouldn't it be nice.

Happy times together we've been spending. I wish that every kiss was never ending. Wouldn't it be nice. Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true. Baby, then there wouldn't be a single thing we couldn't do.

I have 3 music playlists on my Nano: Dinner Party (Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney, Michael Buble, Allman Brothers, Garth Brooks, Mary Chapin Caprenter, the Dixie Chicks), Relaxed (The Carpenters, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Phish, Enya), and Pumped Up (all the other random music I like including the Beach Boys, Tupac, Shakira, LL Cool J, Mr. Big, Bon Jovi). I was writing about a historic house's interior style the other day and described it as "eccentric and eclectic" Queen Anne style. I like that categorization. Eccentric and eclectic. I've decided I'll use that describe myself, in general, from now on. "What music do you like, Sam?" "Oh, I am very eccentric and eclectic in my music taste." "What type of fashion do you have?" "Oh, I have very eccentric and eclectic taste in fashion." It could work for so much!

But, on to more important things. Can we discuss these fashion shoots on America's Next Top Model? Last night, I was actually home to watch the show (the Master's agreed to start DVRing it for me. Have I told you how much I love her?).

Is it me or are these photograph themes just getting completely absurd? I'll buy the modeling shoots where they dress as men or hang from harnesses or make nice with a large spider or pose naked. But, lately the show's pictures are closer to being stills from the production of Survivor. I mean, Caridee almost got hypothermia last season when they dunked her in a frozen pool.


So, the purpose of these shoots is to give the girls a professional modeling portfolio to help jump start their career. Last night, the girl posed pretending like they'd been murdered. Um, can you even imagine their go-see with Isaac Mizrahi. "Well, you appear to be a very beautiful and talented model, however, I can't deal with looking at your portfolio. There's entirely too much gore. Perhaps a nice head shot would suffice next time."

I switched the channel during the photo shoot and evaluation (although, I did enjoy the challenge this week where the girls all had to crawl through a laser maze without hitting the lights all while posing. Demeaning, pointless, and fabulous!) The whole theme grossed me out. To make matters worse, the girls each were told the motivation behind their murder- one of the other girls in the house killed them for some reason (ie Whitney was killed because someone was jealous of her big boobs). Considering these models aren't always, um, the most stable people on the planet, do we think it was smart to give them all ideas?

Tyra ended up booting her hotter, younger twin Felicia who was killed, in her picture, for looking like Tyra. I get the principal of having two plus-sized models on the show this season seeing as Tyra just had that whole mess with people saying she was a cow. But, honestly, Felicia would have made a fiercer model than half these chicks.

Tonight, one of the lost boys has a cause! He's throwing a happy hour at Rumors (I know, I know, but it will be okay with all our friends there months before intern season is upon DC). The event starts at 6pm. The first 50 people get a shot. So classy.

2 Comments:

  • At March 22, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    Okay, on a hypothetical list of music groups I never thought I'd see mentioned here, Mr. Big is at, or near, the top.

    "I'm the one who wants to be with you, deep inside I hope you feel it too..."

    Didn't they put that on Monster Ballads or something?

    Now, Bon Jovi, on the other hand...

     
  • At March 22, 2007, Blogger Sam.I.Am said…

    6th grade sock hop. Mr. Big. I liked a guy who didn't like me. Memories. Enough said. And yes, it was on Monster Ballads. Great mix! I also have Rappers Delight on the mix. Sometimes, I think it's funny when a Jackson Five song or a BeeGees song comes before something like Mr. Big. I consider myself the anti-DJ.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home