Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Miss Southern Cooking!

Yes. Last night, it was made official.

Damn! I miss good Southern Cookin'. AND this was a vegetarian Southern meal.

It was a potluck dinner held in APK's party room. Gorgeous party room. Funny enough, I put the TV in the room on muted CMT for effect and The Dukes of Hazzard just happened to be on. Okay, so I'm told it's always on CMT (I will sooooo be watching it from here on out). But, had there been a dvd player, I totally would have gotten The Dukes to play... Jessica Simpson and Stiffler or not.

The food was yummy. Corn on the cob, fried green tomatoes, corn pudding, potato salad, macaroni salad, casseroles, cole slaw, corn bread, macaroni and cheese, sweet tea, blueberry cobbler, frito pie, grits, baked beans, pecan pie.

Yummmmm.

I made veggie pigs in a blanket. I'm told they were good. Mornigstar hotdogs cut in halves then wrapped in refrigerated biscuits and baked at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Definitely not a low-carb meal. But worth every single calorie.

About 30 people. Not too big nor small. Lots of Jews from Tennessee and North Carolina. Who knew? Nice to meet new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other's.... yeah yeah yeah, sorry, I start thinking about growing up in the South and Girl Scouts and Troop Beverly Hills, etc.

Our next event is scheduled for a happy hour at the Morrison-Clark Inn complete with a veranda, waiters in black vests, mint juleps, and spiced pecans. Thanks to the Master for finding us that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home