Friday, December 15, 2006

I've got you under my skin...

I've tried so not to give in. I've said to myself this affair never will go so well. But why should I try to resist, when baby will I know than well. That I've got you under my skin.



I feel like I'm 17 years old kissing Darryl in my driveway before he went back to college at Southern Miss... not even knowing what to do with the emotions I felt. I guess I really have been numb these last few years. I can't tell you the last time I had someone under my skin... really, really under my skin... like listening to Sinatra's Under My Skin on repeat! I own the CD from when I first started dating Justin McGowan junior year of college. Nothing Justin did was wrong. I could sit around with Justin doing not a thing and feel like I was happier than I'd ever been. Around date three, Justin grabbed me when I first saw him and pulled me into him for a huge hug... the warmest hug... I didn't spend a night away from him for the next five months.

So, I haven't had someone under my skin in so long I forgot what it felt like folks. Scary feeling... "enjoy it," Suave says... "you deserve it," per District Belle. But, I'm taking it in small doses. If it doesn't work out, at least I remember what it feels like to feel something for someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home