Wednesday, February 07, 2007

AIPAC Professionals Forum

I'm not much of a classroom-style discussion talker. Never have been. Well, that's not entirely true. I did take a Graduate class in college called Dress, Gender, and Society which examined how appearances have always played a role in determining ones place in society. I was big on talking about Chinese foot binding and discussing Toni Morrison's The Bluest Eye. But, usually, I'm not one for talking in those settings. So, when the Master sent in my name for AIPAC's Professional Forum list, I decided it would be a good place for me to test out speaking. I'm fine talking in work meetings. I think as long as I know the material, I am comfortable discussing it.

I didn't say a word last night. I was impressed though. Only in DC would one get to have a discussion with the following person on the following topic:

Israel's Strategic Posture Today
Featuring Ido Nehushtan
Director of Plans for the IDF, Former Deputy Commander of the Israeli Air Force

Tuesday, February 6th at 6:30 pm At the AIPAC Office

Major General Ido Nehushtan was born in Jerusalem in 1957. He joined the IAF Flight School in 1975 and graduated with distinction as a fighter pilot in 1977. General Nehushtan was appointed Head of Planning Directorate in August 2006. During his service, General Nehushtan has served in various command and staff positions: Head of Planning and Organization Department, Commander of "Hatzor" Air Force Base, Director of Air Force Intelligence and, Chief of Air Staff and Deputy IAF Commander. He will talk about Israel's security outlook today and into the future.

I don't think we're in Bama anymore, Toto.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home