Friday, May 11, 2007

Bourbon?

It is not a good idea to order drinks from your friends guest bartending. I was effectively buzzed from three sips of the blueberry stoli and sprite the Mack made me. That was my first drink. I have absolutely no idea how many more I consumed. Counting the 4 shots I bought us at 10pm on a Thursday (I have no idea what I’m thinking sometimes), my tab was around $50.

Not that I’m complaining. The night was crazy fun.

I arrived at Bourbon around 7pm for Team Cuttler’s Guest Bartending event. The Mack, Jer, AM, and others were slated to bartend (along with a knowledgeable mixologist). They were donating their tips to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The Master created tip hats for each bartender with funny pictures of them taped on. Whoever got the most tips won 2 free tickets to the Team Cuttler Oasis Winery Yacht Cruise next Saturday.

The Mack was manning the bar upon my arrival and proceeded to get me good and drunk from one pint glass full of vodka and a splash of sprite. I waited through the next guest bartender set, because I was feeling bad about my acquaintances bartending and me only giving tips to my friends. JM poured me my next cup full of vodka. District Belle and I pulled out the cameras and props for a series of Facebook-worthy photos. MF created the next one I had. She’s created adorable drink specials like the Washingtonienne which had grenadine in it (pop my cherry style).

Afterwards, we probably should have called it a night, but I was drunk and feeling social. So, the Mack, Brando, myself, MF, and others headed over to Mille and Al’s for a couple Jell-O shots (can they please just ban orange and green Jell-O? I mean, who honestly likes those flavors. Blech!). Everyone was heading to Peyote Café but luckily my eyes were starting to shut.

I woke up this morning hungover to pack in a frenzy and head on a train to NYC for my cousin’s wedding. My Mom is so dragging me to the Chanel counter for something to cure these abominable black circles under my eyes… which were of course not caused in the least by the fact that I went to bed at 2:30am.. Not at all.

Mmmm. Now to finish part 2 of my bacon, egg, and cheese.




1 Comments:

  • At May 13, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    The District misses you... Get thee back soon, so the Bama trifecta can be in full force.

    Hope you had a great trip to NYC. Any Bloomie's-style damage?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home