Monday, May 07, 2007

"Listening to my iPod is like reading my journal." And, other observations from the weekend.

JB on the metro heading back to Adams Morgan Saturday night: "I'm sorry, I wasn't listening to what you said. I still can't get over Jenny licking the polar bear's butt."

Me to AL at Chipotle Friday night: "Okay, I'm showing cleavage and not wearing a bra. If we go to Porter's and dance, you're totally on nipple patrol."

Ralph sending an email to my friends and father about the song he recorded for me to use on Ali's bachelorette video: "Ali wants a guy to call her own! Yeah, bitches."

So, let me begin.

I woke up with a headache Friday morning that didn't seem to want to go away. KK had free tickets to the Cinco de Midtown bar crawl which began at 5pm. I decided to suck it up and go meet the Mack and company for $3 margaritas at Rumor's. We drank there and bumped into a nice random assortment of people including the ex-question mark Jackass, who I ignored completely. At about 10:30pm, I was planning to meet the Lost Boys at Froggy Bottom, but called it a night and came home. A wise decision considering I was set to meet CE in Virginia at 11:15am for an apartment crawl.

CE's roommate's boyfriend had organized the 1st Annual Orange You Drunk Yet? Ballston-Rosslyn apartment crawl for their friends on Saturday. Each apartment had the alcohol, beer, and food of a country. We walked from apartment to apartment beginning in Ballston and making our way back up the orange line, basically. I stopped after Ireland and headed home. It was cold, and I had much more drinking to do.

At 6:30pm, I met Sassy and Jenny at Grand Central in Adams Morgan for bloody mary's. The game plan for the evening was to go wherever the night took us. JB called around 7pm and wanted to do "something Cinco de Mayo-ish." They chose Tortilla Coast in Southeast. So, we cabbed it to them and proceeded to drink $3.50 frozen margaritas until we were taking silly pictures and ready to dance.

Of course, the thing about JB and company is they bring out the worst in me. These boys are infectious (Not sure what other word to use to describe them). They're silly and wild and slightly homoerotic... no, really, like I have pictures of them feeding each other.

JB stole my iPod, and we each put in a headphone and danced on the metro. It was freaky, like, goth-kids-were-whispering-about-us-being-freaks freaky.

Having someone listen to your iPod is comparable to having someone read your journal. When JB burst out singing Spice Girls, I about hid behind a tree.

Jenny, "the fact that he's enjoying your crazy music mix so much is like having someone jerk off on the pages of your diary."

Pretty much.

We metroed back to Adams Morgan to meet the Lost Boys at Dan's Cafe. Somehow or another, we ended up at Bourbon. I got bored, and, at about 2am, I finally found my way into bed.

Now the week has begun. Yawn.

3 Comments:

  • At May 07, 2007, Blogger I-66 said…

    How many trips to Rumors this year is that for you? I'm starting to think you actually like it there :)

     
  • At May 07, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    I like the iPod/journal connection. True, very true...

    Heard you guys missed making it to AM during the Derby. I was curious to hear about the Derby watching action at Bourbon.

    Too funny though. You'll be back at Bourbon soon enough, right?

     
  • At May 08, 2007, Blogger Unknown said…

    Baaaaaah! Too much!!! Geez, I still can't believe I "fingered" a polar bear...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home