Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yawn

"I have Social Disease. I have to go out every night. If I stay home one night I start spreading rumors to my dogs." - Andy Warhol

Ah kickball. Not that I have the energy to play. Or the passion to play. Or the interest in playing. I'm way more into the social aspect of kickball. Which is good, considering we're the worst team in the league.

The Mack to Pitch: "We're going for defeated team."

We had a super early game. It started at 6:30pm. We were short guys, but the other team took pity on us. I guess that's one perk to being the worst team. I had to play, or stand their, whichever you prefer.

After the game, we followed our opponents to Mille and Al's for $1 Jello shots. Slowly our team started to drop off. It ended up just being the Mack, myself, and one other teammate. After 2 Jello shots and a drink, we headed up to Adams Mill. Walking outside, I looked at the time- 8pm- and then realized I was already a little drunk. The Mack admitted she was too.

As Swell as Cynthia Rowley's stuff at Target.

Gene met us at Adams Mill. I went to order my Raspberry Stoli and Sprite and the bartender not only knew what I was getting but also treated me to my first drink. Um, I assume I'm the only person drinking a $6.50 drink after kickball. Oh well.

I paid $10 for a superlative for the Mack, KK, and I. "Most Popular." It seemed like a great idea at the time. The money goes to charity, so that's at least a consolation for my egoism.

The Adams Mill bouncer kept driving us all nuts announcing that there were too many people on the porch. It was enough to give a girl anxiety. We'd get up to go inside, and he'd then say, "No no. You can stay." All that moving up and down was not such a good idea drunk.

The night was random with quotes and awkward moments. Enough to make a girl sort through everything the next day.

20oz Mountain Dew is being finished as I type.

1 Comments:

  • At May 16, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Love the Warhol quotation. What's this about buying the superlative?? I might actually be able to swing checking out some of the team's fine kickball action next Tuesday...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home