Friday, May 18, 2007

What a Wonderful World

New Year's Eve 2000. I was with Gene, John, Elise, Tom, etc. in Atlanta at the Phillips Arena bouncing around to Widespread Panic in concert. When midnight rolled around, the Dirty Dozen Band walked onto stage and accompanied Widespread in a perfect rendition of "What a Wonderful World."

And you know what having Gene in town has made me think, I definitely don't think to myself often, what a wonderful world.

Last night, we had our final New Member event for JLW at the Women in Military Service for America Memorial at Arlington Cemetery. The light rotunda was much less morbid than I thought it would be initially. I imagined having a celebration at the Holocaust Museum. It just seemed wrong.

Quote of the night: "We've done so many hours of community service. We're like our own army doing good out there, except with hundred of strands of pearls."

After the reception, I met Gene and his coworkers at JPaul's in Georgetown for drinks and headed home.

By the way- this morning:

Me: I need something funny to happen tonight. I'm low on blog material. Where's the drama?
Brando: I create funny situations
Me: Good. I need something.

So yeah, this is lacking, but I'm aware of it. I promise to have more to say after the weekend.

Ciao!

1 Comments:

  • At May 18, 2007, Blogger Lara Ziobro said…

    Yes, I have a feeling you'll only need tonight to rectify on the material. Oh yes...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home