Thursday, July 05, 2007

Let's Play Catch Up

Saturday night was District Belle and Sassy's Bayside Reunion theme party (aka dress up like Saved By the Bell characters). I went as Lisa Turtle complete with bedazzled Keds, a Malibu Sands Club membership card, and Attic VIP card. Franky dressed like Kelly, wearing a red shirt that said "The Max." KK went as Jesse with caffeine pills, pencils, and a notepad too.

KK and I tried to act out Lisa taking the caffeine pills away from Jesse. We also walked on the metro singing "I'm so excited." and shared our Buddy Bands (colored hair bands) with other folks. I changed my ringtone to the Pointer Sister's rendition of the Hot Sundae song (you gotta know SBTB to get these jokes, btw) at some point in the evening. Jenny had found a Zack Morris brick-style cell phone prop. That was fun.

Sunday was JK's birthday party barbecue with guest appearances by the majority of the Lost Boys.

Monday night, the Mack got tickets through work for us to the Cubs vs Nats game. First row seats. Right behind home plate. Within the "Diamond Club." Free food and drink. Gluttony is my favorite sin. AM: "I think sloth is the most fun one."

In between innings, Franky: "Oh yay! It's the sweepers. That's my favorite part." She was referring to the guys who sweep the field. We then started chanting, "Let's go sweepers" throughout the entire game. Brando: "It's a good thing there wasn't a rain delay. You'd have orgasm from them putting out the tarp."

Tuesday night we celebrated Lisa's birthday at the Big Hunt. His royal douche bag was there, randomly, with a friend of Lisa's. I proceeded to drink as many drinks as I could so as to not punch him in his pompous face. Then, on drink 3, I decided to take a new approach and pretend he doesn't exist. He isn't much worth the energy it takes to hate him.

We left Big Hunt and headed to meet some kickball folks at Rumors where they were ending a bar crawl. I was drunk enough not to be phased by being at Rumors. I must remember that method of dealing with the bar. We then proceeded to Mad Hatter where we waited in line for a bit. The girls all wanted to head to AdMo thinking that they'd do better to get drinks there. I realized by buzz would diminish by the time I got in a cab, waited in a Nolan's line, and then waited for a drink. So, I ended up staying with a bunch of boys I barely know at Mad Hatter for the remainder of the evening.

I went to be at 4am. I woke up at 11am. I officially was conscious around 2pm when I left Franky and the Mack's pool after downing a cup of coffee and a bacon, egg, and cheese bagel from Brooklyn Bagel's in Arlington.

Everyone came over around 4pm to barbecue for the 4th. We ran in and outside about 3 times to avoid the official "scattered showers." Got to love DC summer weather. KK and Lisa made delicious desserts and AM2 brought smoked ribs in a sauce he made himself that would probably be in most death row inmate's last meal request.

We played some Girl Talk, swing danced outside to Sinatra, and chatted about everything until 9pm when we headed to Am2's roof at the St. George for the fireworks show. There, we attempted to get a round of "You're a Grand Old Flag" going, somewhat unsuccessfully.

What an awesome last couple days!


Post a Comment

<< Home