Thursday, January 26, 2006

Please tell me the following isn't slightly deserving of an Oy Vey. I've put in red the things that I laughed at... I get it, I mean I really get it... it's not about who you are, it's about who you know. Trust me... I get it. But seriously, is this a warning signal of what the next wave of adults in our workplace are going to be like... no cover letter, no context, no drive, just a lazy freaking e-mail like I've got nothing better to do with my time than to give out contacts. What ever happened to career centers, way back in 2002 when I graduated, who made us learn to write. I e-mailed the chick back for more info on what it is she WANTS to do. I mean, Sales or Marketing, could be me connecting her with a Customer Service representative at AT&T. Right?

-----Original Message-----
From: m@university.edu
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:45 PM
To: Sam
Subject: Hi:)



Hi
(insert the misspelling of my name when my e-mail address has the proper spelling),
My name is M, my mom and your Dad were friends when they were younger. I will be graduating this coming May from University. I know you used to work in NY, and I was wondering if you knew of anyone in Marketing or Sales in the city who I could speak with. Any contact would be great!
Thanks so much in advance!
M :)

1 Comments:

  • At January 27, 2006, Blogger A said…

    she actaully included an emoticon?

    my mom and your dad knew each other? And? And.............?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home